Getting the code
svn checkout http://glimmerblocker.org/svn/trunk GlimmerBlocker
Compiling and installing GlimmerBlocker from source requires the latest version of IntelliJ IDEA (I'm very often using the latest pre-beta builds), Xcode and a decent knowledge of shell scripting. The build process is not simple.
Send patches to: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
The subversion commandline client is included in Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and later, so you don't need to install anything if you use the commandline. For GUI-based clients, check the links in the "Subversion Clients: stand-alone" section on http://subversion.tigris.org/links.html
How to build it, I think
Never been tested, so this should be taken as hints, not a cookbook. Mastering shell and perl scripts is mandatory.
- Stop the running proxy (aka deactivate).
- Create install dir: sudo mkdir -p /Library/PreferencePanes/GlimmerBlocker.prefPane
- Make sure it is owned by you: chmod -R johndoe /Library/PreferencePanes/GlimmerBlocker.prefPane
- Clean it out, but keep the dir: rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/GlimmerBlocker.prefPane/*
- Make the Xcode project. It will fail at the end due to missing Jars: PrefsPane/GlimmerBlockerPrefsPane.xcodeproj
- Open the IDEA project. Make it.
- Open Terminal, and cd into svntrunk/PrefsPane
- Execute ./java-runner.sh
- Build the Xcode once more (not clean), it should now be a success.
- In Terminal: fix permissions on the auth helper:
sudo chown root:admin /Library/PreferencePanes/GlimmerBlocker.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/AuthHelper
sudo chmod 6555 /Library/PreferencePanes/GlimmerBlocker.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/AuthHelper